Search This Blog

As i begin my mOOC journey with the University of Canterbury and OER Foundation


Yesterday was a different day altogether as my friend and a WE introduced me to the world of WE. As a person working in the field of higher education, i hopped in as soon as i heard about the forthcoming mOOC on 'Scenario Planning for Educators'. Scenario planning had crossed my mind several times as i did my small time research on Knowledge Management in Education, but it never occurred to me to learn that in a true sense. Thanks to my friend, i have taken myself to the next level. My interest in the course goes beyond a personal level as i am currently initiating a large programme meant to impart a new vigour to the Higher Education of the Kerala State through the 'Fostering linkages in Academic Innovation and Research' (FLAIR). FLAIR is an attempt to make the higher education in the highly literate state of Kerala future ready and its my sincere hope that my exposure to this cutting edge course will definitely help me deliver more.

2 comments:

Wayne Mackintosh said...

Dr Jai,

Scenario planning is a powerful methodology and could be used to support the FLAIR initiative.

We will be offering another free version of the SP4Ed course later this year -- so this may be an opportunity for more colleagues from Kerala to learn about the methodology.

Niki Davis said...

Delighted to see your enthusiasm Jai, we look forward to your contributions. Niki (leading SP4Ed alongside Wayne)